AuthorJoe Fahey (and Anna Miles)
Date7 Apr 2020
How to: A Maker's Guide - Design and Make Your Own Dog Biscuits
During lockdown your dog might run out of biscuits. Don’t worry – you can make your own! This morning we are making biscuits for Michael Lett and Samuel Holloway's dog, Archie.
You will need
-2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour (substitute with regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat) -1 tsp salt (or less)
-1 tsp beef or chicken bouillon
-1/2 cup hot water
1. Grab a big mixing bowl - in goes two cups of flour.
2. Add half a cup of rolled oats.
3. Add a teaspoon of salt.
4. Add a teaspoon of beef bouillon (I used a cube of OXO).
5. Stir! Break the egg into the mixture.
6. Pour in half a cup of hot water.
7. Once the dough is ready wash your hands!
8. Knead the dough.
9. Cut the dough in half.
11. What shape would your dog like? We are going with bones and stars.
12. Bake at about 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
We hear that Archie loved them.